Rising energy costs and the desire for cleaner and more efficient energy sources have highlighted the advantages of geothermal heating and air conditioning technologies. Geothermal technology draws from stable, underground temperatures, which do not fluctuate with the seasons as temperatures above ground do.
Geothermal systems simply transfer heat, only using electricity as needed to run necessary heating and cooling components making these systems greatly reducing energy dependency. Geothermal technology is long time established, and systems are built to outlast conventional A/C installations by far, resulting in minimal repairs and increased life span expectancy.
Geothermal hybrid heat pumps offer unmatched benefits over traditional heating and cooling systems, including:
1. Lower operating costs: A geothermal hybrid system can cut utility bills by 40 to 70 percent compared to conventional heating and cooling systems.
2. Environmental impact: Geothermal energy is naturally renewable and environmentally friendly.
3. Reduce repair costs: By removing the higher temperature differential, equipment is subjected to significantly less stress and lower operating pressures, making repairs less likely.
4. Life span: A geothermal system can have a life expectancy of up to 30 years.
5. Single system: Geothermal equipment provides both heating and cooling in one system.
6. Indoor comfort: Geothermal systems can be zoned for maximum comfort.
7. Design flexibility: Geothermal systems can be easily and inexpensively retrofitted or expanded to fit building remodeling, additions, new construction or replacement.
8. Energy efficiency: A geothermal heat pump can move more than three units of heat energy for every one unit of electrical energy used to power the system.
9. Safety: No dangers of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.
10. Quiet: Equipment operates at approximately the same noise level as a domestic refrigerator.