As the seasons transition from spring to summer, it’s time to review your cleaning programs. Daily cleaning tasks and deep cleaning initiatives will result in better IAQ, system performance, and occupant satisfaction. Cintas Corporation offers five cleaning tips for planning seasonal shifts:
1) Freshen up facility appearance. Dedicate time to focusing on small details. Whether patched and caulk lines need to be redone or bulbs and ballasts should be replaced, address the small issues to improve the overall appearance and operations of the facility.
2) Focus on flooring. Inclement weather results in excessive wear and tear and dulls the floor’s appearance. Invest in a deep cleaning service to revitalize tile and carpeting. The combination of high-pressure steam, agitation, heat, and extraction removes more dry particulate soil than any other method, helping delay expensive replacement costs and revitalizing floors to a like-new condition.
3) Refresh restrooms. Despite standard precautions, dirt and bacteria will build up over time. Address dirty restrooms by implementing a deep cleaning service that sanitizes all restroom surfaces and fixtures using a high-pressure, chemical injection washer.
4) Clean air conditioning units. Complete a comprehensive A/C coil cleaning to maintain good IAQ. A/C units that are not properly cleaned can lead to lingering odors, allergies, premature unit failure, and high energy bills. Routine coil cleanings remove dirt, grime, and built-up sludge.
5) Go green. Select products that are Green Seal certified or meet the requirements for the EPA’s Design for the Environment program (DfE). Also implement green cleaning methods, including dilution control chemical dispensers and reusable mops or wipes, to limit environmental impact.