The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is seeking proposals to develop, demonstrate, or commercialize innovative building products and systems for residential, commercial, and institutional buildings. The proposed technologies must provide energy, economic, and/or environmental benefits in New York State. NYSERDA anticipates making multiple awards of up to $200,000 per project.
Eligible projects include but are not limited to:
- Development of materials and products that improve building performance;
- Demonstration of construction techniques that better manage moisture in buildings;
- Development of manufacturing methods that yield productivity gains in the fabrication of building products;
- Demonstration of indoor air quality strategies that reduce the energy impact of maintaining occupants' comfort and health; and
- Design of products that improve building security and energy efficiency.
Eligible project types include new technologies or substantial improvements to existing technologies. Proposals for program opportunity notice (PON) No. 801 are due September 29, 2003 by 3 pm.
NYSERDA will make multiple awards for a total not to exceed $750,000 for this PON. Cost-sharing of at least 50% is preferred. Projects funded under this solicitation are anticipated to start in January 2004. Project agreements will include royalty clauses requiring future payments from the proposer if the funded technology achieves commercial success.
To learn more about this opportunity and to download a complete copy of the instructions for submitting a proposal, visit NYSERDA's home page at www.nyserda.org. To receive a paper copy of the instructions for submitting a proposal, contact Karen Whalen at email@example.com, by fax at (518) 862-1091, or by mail at:
Karen Whalen, PON 801
17 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-6399.
Technical questions for PON No. 801 can be directed to Bob Carver at (518) 862-1090, ext. 3242 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.