Confused about LEED-EB? Looking for information on cutting-edge sustainable products? Want to learn from and interact with experts in the green-building industry? The 2006 Greenbuild Intl. Conference & Expo is expansive enough to answer all those questions and more. Denver will host this year’s conference, presented by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Nov. 15-17, at the Colorado Convention Center.
Greenbuild offers 10 customized educational tracks, organized by topic, for attendees. Each of these tracks features six classes to fill attendees’ 3-day experience with information, as well as sufficient time to visit more than 700 exhibitor booths. Check out some of the educational-session offerings from the Green Operations track ...
The Sustainability Scorecard: Developing Key Performance Indicators to Measure Sustainable Operations in Existing Buildings
- Maureen Roskoski and Christopher Hodges, Facility Engineering Associates PC.
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for IEQ and Energy Efficiency
- What You Need to Know About O&M and Green, David Mudarri, U.S. EPA.
- What Custodial Operations Mean for Green, David Frank, American Institute for Cleaning Sciences; Convener: Eric Werling, U.S. EPA.
Getting It Right: Lessons from Green Multi-Family Developments
- After the Plaque: A Post-Occupancy Evaluation of the First LEED Silver Co-Housing Project, Kara Strong, Sustainable Design Consulting.
- Greening Building Management and Maintenance in Multi-Family Housing, F.L. Andrew Padian, Steven Winter Associates Inc.
Embracing Continuous Improvement
- Peak Performance: Internalizing the Practices of LEED-EB, Elaine Aye, Green Building Services Inc.; Dorothy Atwood, Zero Waste Alliance.
- How Do You Know Your Green Building is Still Green? An Introduction to Environmental Management Systems for Green Buildings, Lauren Sandler, First Environmental.
Sessions of note from other tracks ...
Building a Successful Integrated Team with Contractors
- Jim Newman, Building Green; Martine Dion, Symmes Maini & McKee Associates; John Tessicini, Consigli Construction Co. Inc.
Dollars from Sense: The Economics of Green Schools and Hospitals
- Cost Implications for Sustainable Design in Hospitals, Lisa Fay Matthiessen, Davis Langdon.
- Green Schools: Costs and Benefits, Greg Kats, Capital E.
Follow the Leaders!
- LEED-EB in Practice: Greening Citigroup, Dan Hellmuth, Hellmuth and Brickness; Thomas Lillie, Lillie Co.; Mark Fisher, Citigroup Corporate Realty Group.
- The Greening of Adobe: How a Technology Company with an Eye for Efficiency Saw Environmental Value in Efficient Building, Patrick Aragon & Randall Knox III, Adobe Systems Inc.
LEED for Commercial Interiors in Action
- Kristi Ennis, Boulder Associates; Cara Carmichael, RMI/ENSAR; Connie Garman, Herman Miller Inc.
- Big Opportunities Yield Big Assets
- Greening Retail: An In-Depth Look at Northfield Stapleton, Mark Peternell and Brian Levitt, Forest City Commercial Group.
- Ford Turns Brown Site Green, Roger Gaudette, Ford Motor Co.
In addition to the educational sessions, Greenbuild will offer comprehensive workshops during the conference. Attendees can choose from day-long technical reviews of LEED-NC, LEED-EB, or LEED-CI. Other workshops include Using LEED-NC on School Projects, Understanding LEED Project Costs and Returns, and Energy Modeling for LEED-NC Projects.
Seven leaders in the green movement will present their experience and visions for the future in Greenbuild’s Master Speakers Series. Highlights of the series include Building Technologies, presented by Chris Luebkeman, director for global foresight and innovation at global design and business consulting firm Ove Arup & Partners. Dr. Luebkeman’s focus is building an understanding about the way in which the driving forces of change should be incorporated into more effective business strategy. Peter Calthorpe, from Calthorpe Associates, will preÃƒšÃ‚Âsent New Urbanism based on his work in urban design, planning, and architecture.
For more information, visit (www.greenbuildexpo.org).
Anne K. Goedken (email@example.com) is new products editor at Buildings magazine.