San Diego (September, 2006) /PRNewswire/ - The 2006 LED Leadership Summit, to be held November 27-29 at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, CA, aims to expand and develop the LED lighting industry by going beyond technology topics to discuss the benefits of designing products and places around this energy-saving and environmentally friendly technology.
The LED Leadership Summit also recently announced speakers for its inaugural event. Senior executives from the lighting, architectural, automotive, infrastructure, semiconductor, and LED industries are invited to attend this unique event. This is the first event at which a number of leaders of LED manufacturers will present their visions for the industry and participate in a roundtable discussion.
Expected speakers include:
· U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman, New Mexico
· Charles Zimmerman, vice president, prototype & new format development, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
· Theo van Deursen, CEO, Philips Lighting
· Martin Goetzeler, CEO, Osram
· Wu Ling, General Secretary, China Directorate of Solid State Lighting
· James Sweeney, director, Stanford University Institute for Energy Efficiency; senior fellow, Hoover Institute for Economic Policy
· Jim Benya, PE, FIES, IALD, LC
· Wolfgang Helbach, managing director business area CCI, Diehl Aerospace GmbH
· James Helmer, director of transportation, City of San Jose
· Yoshihiko Matsuda, general manager, Lexus planning division, Toyota Motor Corp.
· Michael C. Holt, CEO, Philips Lumileds Lighting Co.
· Chuck Swoboda, chairman and CEO, Cree
· Takashi Matsuura, president, Toyoda Gosei
· Rudiger Meuller, president and CEO, Osram Opto
· Eiji Ogawa, president, Nichia Corp.
Executives, policy makers and influencers will attend the two-day conference to hear and exchange ideas and strategies for accelerating the adoption of LED technology. Registration for the event is $4,000 and more information can be obtained by visiting the conference Web site at www.ledleadershipsummit.com.
About The 2006 LED Leadership Summit:
Event organization and development is being handled by MAC Meetings and Events. Additional information about the 2006 LED Leadership Summit can be obtained at www.ledleadershipsummit.com or by e-mailing MAC Meetings and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2006 LED Leadership Summit is being sponsored by OSRAM Opto, Toyoda Gosei, Philips Lumileds, Nichia and Cree, leading manufacturers of high-performance LEDs (light-emitting diodes).
Source: LED Leadership Summit (www.ledleadershipsummit.com)
For additional information, contact Joshua Weinberg of Digital Life PR at (415) 777-3339, or email@example.com.