Charlottesville, VA/PRNewswire/ - McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) recently announced 17 new products were awarded MBDC Cradle-to-Cradle certification. MBDC's Cradle-to-Cradle certification recognizes "significant, tangible progress in designing more environmentally sustaining products" and is widely recognized as a leading indicator of environmental excellence in product design.
Awards were made to companies as follows:
* Acrylic Stucco, Enamo Grip S/B, HSC 300, Inner Seal, Omega 06, Rust
Grip®, Super Cleaner: Energy Barriers Inc. (surface coatings)
* Celle, Mirra®: Herman Miller Inc. (office seating)
* Eco Intelligent® Polyester: Victor Innovatex Inc.
* Caper®: Herman Miller Inc. (office seating)
* Crypton® Green: Hi-Tex Inc. (fabric coating)
* FlexSeal®, Heavy Weight Coupling Products: Mission Rubber Company
* Icestone® Durable Surface: Icestone®, LLC
* Leap®: Steelcase Inc. (office seating)
* Mecho®/5: MechoShade Systems Inc. (window shade)
* Poly: Metro (office seating)
* Versawall®: CENTRIA (building exterior)
* Begley's Best All Purpose Cleaner: Begley's Best Inc.
"We are excited to add these products to the growing list of Cradle-to-Cradle certification awards," said Ken Alston, CEO of MBDC. "As more products receive these awards, it is becoming easier for consumers and product specifiers to identify products that are on a clear path to more sustaining designs. Every product is re-evaluated on an annual basis to check progress toward agreed improvement goals."
MBDC is a product and process design consulting firm co-founded by William McDonough and Dr. Michael Braungart (co-authors of Cradle-to-Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things).
For more information about the awards and recipients, check www.c2ccertified.com. Applications for Cradle-to-Cradle product certification evaluation are welcomed.
For more information, contact Jay Bolus, vice president of benchmarking and certification of McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry: (434) 295-1111; fax: (434) 295-1500; or e-mail: email@example.com.
Source: McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (www.mbdc.com)