Chagrin Falls, OH (September, 2006) - Johnsonite®, a leader in flooring solutions that integrate design, function, and life safety, currently offers courses at an online learning center or in a traditional classroom setting, taught by a Johnsonite representative. Both options are free of charge. The online learning center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Course 1 - Life-Saving Design
Enhancing public safety and welfare through the integration of design and advanced egress-routing systems:
- What is photoluminescence and how does it work
- How photoluminescent technology can be seamlessly integrated into designs through products that architects and designers specify every day
- How to convey the benefits of life-safety investmentsincluding egress-wayfinding systemsto your clients
Course 2 - Flooring Safety
Code requirements and guidelines for interior finishes:
- Flooring safety is critical to space performance impacting the productivity of occupants and an organization's bottom line
- Understanding code requirements is critical to creating safe environments
- Reducing slip/falls and tripping hazards can be achieved through proper material selection and maintenance
- Flooring MaterialsRubber FlooringContributes to a sustainable environment through:
Ø Incorporation of post-industrial scrap in production
Ø Long life cycle
Ø Improved indoor air quality
Ø Improved well being of occupants
Ø Enhanced safety of occupants
Course 3 - Enhancing Return on High Performance (available online only)
Environments through Flooringprovides an understanding of high-performance environments by developing the position of interior space as a strategic asset, the importance of investing in human capital, and the role flooring can play in achieving business objectives and in generating lifetime return.
Johnsonite is registered with AIA and IDCEC Continuing Education Systems. Additionally, Johnsonite participates in:
- ASTM Committees
- National Safety Council
*** AIA members will receive one Learning Unit Hour and one hour of Health, Safety and Welfare credit. IIDA & ASID Members earn 0.1 learning unit hour.
To take the course online, click on the AEC Daily icon on www.johnsonite.com or to schedule a CEU with a Johnsonite representative call (800) 899-8916.
Johnsonite, headquartered in Chagrin Falls, OH, is a leader in flooring solutions that integrate design, function and life safety. Sales, manufacturing operations and product distribution are located throughout North America. For more information on Johnsonite products and systems, call (800) 899-8916 in the United States and (800) 661-2162 in Canada or visit Johnsonite at www.johnsonite.com.