January 30, 2008
HOK-Designed Office Building is Sustainable Benchmark for Mexico City COURTESY OF HOK
The first project in Latin America to achieve LEED Gold status features an efficient open office plan, a green roof designed to reduce stormwater runoff and filter air pollutants, and an on-site graywater treatment plant.
Read the complete article…
Theater for the Ages
The Gerding Theater in Portland, OR, is more than a mere model of sustainability. The Platinum LEED-rated building happens to have been originally built in 1891 as the National Guard Armory, so it has some history, too.
Read the complete article …
Digital, High-Definition Technology Key to NBC Studio
The studio, which will be the new home of "The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien," will be designed to support an all-digital, high-definition format.
Read the complete article …
CALL FOR ENTRIES
2008 ARCHI-TECH AV Awards in Partnership with InfoComm International®
ARCHI-TECH and InfoComm International invite you to participate in the sixth annual ARCHI-TECH AV Awards. The ARCHI-TECH AV Awards program honors outstanding examples of the creative and effective integration of technology into otherwise traditional construction projects.
Enter today to get the recognition you deserve!
AIA/CES Technology Classroom
The Science of Sound: Where Audio, Acoustics, and Architecture Meet
In today’s multimedia world, how a room sounds is a big factor in how the architectural design is viewed. Concert halls that are too reverberant are lambasted, boardrooms that sound like echo chambers on conference calls are avoided, restaurants that inhibit conversation are shunned, and retail outlets that emit unpleasant atmospherics are often empty.
Read the complete article...
If your corporation or Internet provider filters incoming e-mail, please add Architechmag.com to your list of approved senders to make sure you receive the e-mail alerts and newsletters to which you subscribe.
If you use AOL 9.0 for email, be sure to click in the upper right hand corner on "Show images & enable links" to see the entire newsletter.
• January 23, 2008 Resort Design to Feature Natural Beauty and Sustainability
• January 16, 2008 Research Building to House High-Tech, Green Features in Pretty Package
• January 09, 2008 Esther Bone Memorial Library to Reopen
• January 02, 2008 Apple Store Architecture Makes Customers Feel Good about Spending
• December 26, 2007 Stanford Medical Center Designs Unveiled
• December 19, 2007 'New' Mount Vernon Offers High-Tech Sensory Experience
• December 12, 2007 Music Center Strikes the Right Chord
• December 05, 2007 Health, Tech Center on Road to Green Glory
(Return to Top)
Subscribe to any of the ARCHI-TECH Group newsletters
This newsletter is produced by Architechmag.com.
THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER DOCUMENTS PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THIS PROGRAM ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. The information type should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Stamats Communications and Stamats Communications cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information presented after the date of publication. INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. Buildings.com newsletter e-mail may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:
1. All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included.
2. All copies must contain Stamats Communications copyright notice and any other notices provided therein.
3. This document may not be distributed for profit.
Stamats Business Media
615 5th Street S.E., PO Box 1888
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406-1888