- cost rooftop unit have turned to Carrier. Now, as more states continue to adopt ASHRAE's latest energy
standard, Carrier Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of its "48/50 TM" (3-25 ton) rooftop unit series - a supplemental product line dedicated to meeting increasing customer demands for ASHRAE 90.1-compliant units in the unitary market.
ASHRAE Standard 90.1-1999: Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings - the latest ASHRAE update to building construction standards - went into effect on October 29, 2001, covering all aspects of buildings as they relate to energy, including insulation and lighting, as well as, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and controls.
That year, three states - California, North Carolina and Massachusetts (limited to over 20 tons) - incorporated the ASHRAE 90.1 Standard into their state energy codes. In January 2002, Maine, Ohio and Utah followed suit, and in July 2002, three more states - New Jersey, New York and Washington - are expected to adopt ASHRAE 90.1.
Less than a year since going into effect, the ASHRAE 90.1 Standard will cover about 30 percent of the commercial unitary market. With more states expected to adopt ASHRAE 90.1 in 2003, Carrier is already seeing an increase in demand for Standard-compliant rooftop units, Bruce Burdon, Carrier's Commercial Product Marketing Director, says.
"Carrier has ASHRAE 90.1-compliant products in every commercial product category, but an increasing customer demand for a full line of rooftop units ranging from three to 25 tons inspired us to create the dedicated 48/50 TM series," Burdon explained. "The TM series can save customers more than 10 percent in energy costs, essentially helping building owners to draw in tenants with lower utility bills."
ASHRAE 90.1 compliance is not the only feature distinguishing Carrier's new 48/50 TM Series rooftop line. Factory-installed energy savings and customer comfort features include:
A Gear Driven Economizer which lowers energy costs and improves airflow. This integrated gear driven economizer incorporates outside air and communicates with a CO2 sensor for Demand Control Ventilation. There's no linkage to bind and cause economizer failure, so there's no economizer-related downtime.
- Multi-Size Heat Capacities, based on unit size, help insure job loads are properly met, offering further energy savings and providing optimum comfort to the occupants. Gas heat or electric heat capability is available based on customer needs.
- High Efficiency Belt Drive Fan Motors Capability helps exactly match each unit to each job's requirements, providing further energy savings energy and occupant comfort.
- Dual High Efficiency Scroll Compressors And Circuits provide greater part load efficiency and redundancy, keeping the units cost-effective and up and running. These fully hermetic compressors have over-temperature and over-current protection on each individual circuit to ensure greater reliability and performance in off-design conditions. The 7.5 to 25 ton models have multiple circuits while the 3 - 6 tons utilize single circuit.
Carrier's new 48/50 TM Series also has many outstanding features that make maintenance easier and safer, while providing optimum system protection. These features include:
Carrier Comfort Network (CCN) Compatibility as a factory option for Carrier's integrated PremierLink controller allows on-site or remote access to units operation and status plus. The CCN also integrates economizers and CO2 sensors to insure Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) logic and operation, offering further energy savings and customer comfort.
- System Protection against abnormal high-pressure and low-pressure operation and coil freezing situations - down to the unit's individual circuits - helps eliminates unnecessary downtime.
- Hinged Access Panels on both sides of the unit's compressor, control box, filter and evaporator sections allow service and maintenance personnel to get in, do the work and get out fast.
- Disconnect Switches help reduce labor time and keep personnel safe during maintenance and service procedures.
- Convenience Outlets allow tools and other appliances to be plugged in right at the unit to simplify maintenance.
For more information on Carrier, visit the company's web site: www.carrier.com, then click on "Commercial & Industrial Systems"; e-mail: email@example.com; or call 1-800-CARRIER.
Celebrating 100 years of innovation and the invention of scientific air conditioning by its founder, Willis Haviland Carrier, Carrier Corporation is the world's largest manufacturer of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment. It is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX), provider of a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Syracuse, N.Y., May 10 - For decades, restaurants, schools, malls, stores and other commercial buildings requiring a three to 25-ton, constant-volume, easy-to-install, low-