MILWAUKEE – (June 21, 2002) – Johnson Controls, Inc. recently honored the top suppliers to its Systems Products division. The 17 suppliers were recognized for superior performance in quality standards, cost reduction, on-time delivery and inventory management/stocking programs.
“We recognized suppliers that consistently provided improvements in product quality, delivery and lead time reduction. Strong teamwork and joint engineering efforts with our key suppliers allows Johnson Controls to continuously exceed our customers’ increasing expectations. These suppliers have demonstrated a commitment to continuous improvement,” said John Pierson, Johnson Controls vice president for global procurement and logistics.
Setra Systems, Inc. a manufacturer of transducers, transmitters and pressure systems based in Boxborough, Mass., was named Systems Products Supplier of the Year. Setra has been a key supplier for Systems Products manufacturing as well as Systems and Services for the Americas. During the past year, Setra has lowered product costs, established a program for consigned inventory and exceeded quality expectations.
Five other Key Supplier program members were honored for significant contributions in helping Johnson Controls improve customer satisfaction, reduce ownership costs, provide quality products and establish consigned inventory programs. They are:
· ABA-PGT Inc., Manchester, Conn.
· Chip-Tech Ltd., Lynbrook, N.Y.
· Hoffer Plastics, South Elgin, Ill.
· Phoenix Contact, Middletown, Pa.
· Thomson Airpax Mechatronics, Cheshire, Conn.
In addition, Key Supplier certification was renewed for the upcoming fiscal year for the following suppliers:
· Acme Die Casting, Northbrook, Ill.
· Barton Products Corp., West Bend, Wis.
· Central Steel & Wire Co., Milwaukee, Wis.
· Copper and Brass Sales, Inc., Schaumburg, Ill.
· Integris Metals, Minneapolis, Minn.
· Necedah Screw Machine, Necedah, Wis.
· Sanmina-SCI Corp., St. Paul, Minn.
· SEI Electronics, Raleigh, N.C.
· Small Tube Products, Altoona, Pa.
· Texas Die Casting, Inc., Gladewater, Texas
· Tingstol Co., Elk Grove Village, Ill.
· V & F Transformers, Bartlett, Ill.
Johnson Controls, Inc. is a global market leader in automotive systems and facility management and control. In the automotive market, it is a major supplier of seating and interior systems, and batteries. For nonresidential facilities, Johnson Controls provides building control systems and services, energy management and integrated facility management. Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI), founded in 1885, has headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Its sales for 2001 totaled $18.4 billion.