Energy usage associated with lighting is usually one of the, if not the, top expense a Building Owner/Operators must incur in his business. Many solutions have been considered to reduce this expense which can range from simplistic timer based controls to complete building management integration. There isn’t a one size fits all concept but there is a solution that can be easily implemented, have minimal capital expense and gives the BOO the opportunity to reduce this expense line as much as 70%. This webinar will walk the attendees through the process required to implement controls to illustrate the complexity and cost typically incurred in a lighting controls installation. Cree will demonstrate how it will change the perception of lighting controls through a simple one step process.
- Business drivers of lighting controls.
- Understand the history of lighting controls and their place in the market today.
- Identify the various methods of implementing lighting control with current technologies and be able to distinguish the differences between the options.
- Perform a virtual walk through of the steps of a lighting designer, installer and commissioning agent to see how the current process is problematic and time consuming,
- Witness the benefits of Cree’s lighting control implementation, SmartCast™ Technology.
Product Marketing Manager, Lighting
John Casadonte is a Product Marketing Manager at Cree, an industry leader in LED lamps and luminaire products for interior and exterior applications. Throughout his more than 20 years of technology experience, he has held numerous marketing positions involving product positioning, channel marketing, industry and public relations which has offered him the opportunity to work extensively with engineers, facility managers and public and private institutions. John often interfaces with end customers and industry advisors to understand requirements and key business trends to convert to new product enhancements. John currently supports Cree’s Education initiative to help support their sustainability efforts and achieve LEED qualification for the many institutions nationwide.