Harmonic distortion caused by non-linear loads can have a significant impact on the power grid. A fundamental understanding of how harmonic distortion occurs is critical to understand how the effects of this distortion can be mitigated. This webinar examines the fundamentals of harmonics, explains how they are generated, and presents several techniques that are used to mitigate them.
- Understand the fundamentals of power generation and how non-linear loads affect the power grid.
- Learn how to define inconsistencies on the power grid.
- Understand what Total Harmonic Distortion is how it is quantified by the IEEE 519-1992 standard
- Recognize the harmonic distortion that is created by variable frequency drives
- Understand the various techniques used to mitigate harmonic distortion in variable frequency drive applications
Technical Training Services
Yaskawa America, Inc.
Technical Training Services is the product training department within Yaskawa America Inc. Drives & Motion Division. TTS is comprised of five full time product training engineers, one part time product training technician and one department manager. TTS trains more than 550 customers each year through facilitated factory training classes, more than 1700 customers each year through facilitated onsite training classes, more than 1100 customers per year through live web classes and has more than 1500 downloads per month for its self-paced eLearning Modules. TTS trains its customers on various technological topics that surround the Drives and Motion Products sold by Yaskawa America Inc.