In this course you will learn about insulated metal wall and roof panels in terms of their material, finish and construction life cycle, and how they are designed with features and benefits to enhance building performance, conserve energy and contribute to the sustainable built element.
- Explain how IMPs lower building energy costs, prevent moisture intrusion and improve the thermal comfort of the occupants
- Compare the insulating values of IMPs to traditional systems and illustrate how IMPs reduce the carbon footprint of a building
- Analyze the sustainability and performance criteria of IMPs relative to qualifying for credits under today’s green building rating programs
- Discuss how IMPs serve as walls, ceilings and roofs in new and retrofit construction, and how they can be easily adapted to pre-engineered metal building designs
- Differentiate various types of IMPs based on their performance attributes and aesthetics
Joseph W. Moore
Business Development Manager
Joseph W. Moore has held the position of business development manager for MBCI, an NCI Building Systems’ company, since November 2010. His responsibilities include working with design firms to develop specifications for insulated panel systems, selling and branding eco-FICIENT® products, training employees on insulated metal panel (IMP) product offerings and benefits and providing AIA-accredited Continuing Education courses for design firms throughout an eleven-state area. From October 2005 to November 2010, Moore was regional sales manager for Insulated Panel Systems (IPS) and was responsible for selling IMPs and helping customers develop their project scopes and specifications. From February 2003 to October 2005, Moore held the position of district sales manager of Metallic Building Systems, part of NCI’s Metal Building Systems Division, and working with customers in developing specifications and selling pre-engineered building systems. Before joining NCI in 2003, Moore was employed as vice president of business development/partner of HES Construction Company and has more than 15 years of experience in the commercial construction industry.