Looking for a whole building energy simulation program?
The Buildings Technology Office (BTO) recently released an update to EnergyPlus, which allows commercial buildings professionals to model heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation, other energy flows, and water use in their building.
Features of the update include:
- Improved support for complex fenestration systems
- Enhanced modeling of natural ventilation
- A new comprehensive model for unitary (i.e., packaged, self-contained) HVAC systems
- Many new HVAC system templates
- New capabilities for modeling some types of faulty system operation
Pre-built installation packages are available for the Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Source code is available as well.
More information and program download can be found on the U.S. Department of Energy website.