One of the top priorities of building owners and operators is the need for more efficient and accurate BTU metering.
Having good and reliable information can help reduce the amount of energy used, by operating more efficiently. This can help reduce operational costs and recover revenue from inaccurate billing.
Since the early 1980’s ultrasonic clamp-on Flow meters have been utilized for BTU metering and submetering. Some advantages of clamp-on meters are; retrofit capability—no shutdown required, all in one BTU meter, low flow sensitivity for measuring off peak flows, and 1% accuracy.
In this presentation we will cover clamp-on BTU metering technology, features, accuracy, and discuss the benefits of submetering in the energy industry.
Course Tuition: Free
- Learn what are the benefits of clamp-on flowmeters?
- Understand how a clamp-on flow meter works.
- Discover why is it so important to meter very low flow rates.
- Learn the importance of matched temperature RTD's for BTU measurement.
- Understand the applications in University, Commercial and Institutional.
Izzy Rivera has been involved with Service, Engineering, and Sales of Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Metering for 31 years. He has traveled extensively supporting this technology as a field engineer, and has been involved with development; from the early days of inception of clamp-on metering to the vast improvements that now make it possible to measure gas from outside the pipe.