This course provides an overview of the purpose of recycling, steps for program implementation, analyzing needs when setting up a recycling program, and considerations for workstations and public spaces. Learn how to select the right bins, signage, placement, and other ideas for implementation.
Course Tuition: Free
- Understand the benefits of having a recycling program, including environmental and financial benefits.
- Have the tools to evaluate your current collection program and building needs to provide a baseline for future changes.
- Know what questions you should be asking to determine best next steps for program implementation.
- Be able to select the style of collection program that best meets your organization’s needs.
- Recognize ideal placement locations based on your organization’s layout, traffic and servicing needs.
- Know the features and benefits of different styles of containers and the best use for each type.
- Understand how to effectively educate users through signage, labelling, color and other communication methods.