Energy codes are appearing on the Federal, State and Local level. They play an important role in reducing energy consumption, saving consumers money and reducing CO2 emissions. Whether new or existing, energy codes play an important role in the buildings we design, build, and ultimately live, work and play in. This course is designed to give you an overview of the energy codes you need to be aware of.
Course Tuition: Free
- Summarize why energy codes are important, what they cover, and what factors drive the development of future energy codes
- Differentiate code compliance methods, and identify primary codes adopted at the national, state, and city level
- Discuss plug and lighting control requirements as stated in the energy codes
- Discuss lighting control provisions in terms of energy savings, reduced costs, and the design of energy-efficient buildings
- Describe lighting control strategies for specific building spaces to improve building efficiency and meet energy code requirements