Data centers, some consuming up to 200X the energy of comparably sized office space, are rapidly evolving in numbers, size, location, and energy demands. These facilities are frequently becoming integrated into other buildings and the purview of the architect. This course reviews the data center impact on building design and then identifies and describes the most effective design approaches and fitments that building designers can employ to control their capital and operating costs, spatial needs, and energy consumption.
Course Tuition: Free
- Develop solutions that will significantly improve the overall energy efficiency of buildings involving data centers
- Integrate energy efficiency and best practices into data center design exercises that traditionally prioritized reliability and high power density capacity
- Identify the most effective data center airflow management techniques that lower data center energy needs
- Control capital and operating costs in data center design
- Dialogue effectively with design teams that include data center experts