Most maintenance plans apply the same tasks to all HVAC equipment, regardless of age, equipment type, expected service life, impact on critical operations, etc. A more sophisticated and varied approach to maintenance yields a better return for building owners.
Course Tuition: Free
- Recognize how to do a simple analysis and inventory of key factors about existing equipment.
- Understand how to use the inventory to create a cost-effective maintenance plan and to forecast replacement timeframes and costs.
- Recognize which maintenance tasks can be performed with in-house staff and those that should be procured from outside.
- Recognize where new technology can provide maintenance solutions, such as UVC lighting replacing cleaning agents.
- Learn how to evaluate outside contractors and request bids to perform the required maintenance work.