Most maintenance plans apply the same tasks to all HVAC equipment, regardless of age, equipment type, expected service life, impact on critical operations, etc. A more sophisticated and varied approach to maintenance yields a better return for building owners.
Course Tuition: Free
- Recognize how to do a simple analysis and inventory of key factors about existing equipment.
- Understand how to use the inventory to create a cost-effective maintenance plan and to forecast replacement timeframes and costs.
- Recognize which maintenance tasks can be performed with in-house staff and those that should be procured from outside.
- Recognize where new technology can provide maintenance solutions, such as UVC lighting replacing cleaning agents.
- Learn how to evaluate outside contractors and request bids to perform the required maintenance work.
General Manager, Facilities Services
Apollo Solutions Group
Wayne Duggan brings a wealth of experience to the HVAC industry. During his 22 years at a fortune 100 company, Wayne has been involved in the development, implementation and management of a wide spectrum of service strategies throughout diverse commercial and industrial settings. These strategies center on asset management, green technologies, building life cycle and comfort: strategies designed to create healthier, more efficient, environmentally friendly buildings.
Wayne has authored and co-authored several articles and case studies pertaining to reduction of operational cost and increased efficiencies for HVAC systems utilizing green technologies and predictive diagnostics to identify the root cause of problems. (UVC Lighting in HVAC Systems, Operational Savings Benefits, Facility Managers Institute 2002. Case Studies: Bearing replacement and trim balance save money and avoid downtime, Predictive & Proactive Maintenance April 2001, Building vibration study improves environment for MRI, Predictive & Proactive Maintenance June 2001.