The commercial space design trend toward open plans has had a major impact on interior electrical and digital infrastructure.
Offices, hotels, retail spaces, and transit areas all utilize open spaces, each with their own specific issues and requirements.
This course provides designers with the information required to provide code-compliant, user-friendly, and convenient power, data/communication, and AV access for a wide variety of open spaces and end users, including facility managers, cleaning staff, and visitors.
Course Tuition: Free
- Identify the specific needs for power, data, communications, and AV in individual and collaborative work spaces.
- Evaluate specific building characteristics that will affect the selection of appropriate floor and work space outlets.
- Assess all outlet options that address client needs and aesthetic preferences.
- Adhere to all current building codes and standards when choosing floor and workstation outlets.
- Utilize design and performance criteria to specify wire and cable solutions for floors and workstation outlets.
Sales Training Manager
Legrand North America
Bill Desrosiers is the sales training manager for Legrand's Electrical Wiring Systems Division. In his 32-year tenure at Legrand, he has held roles in specification sales, manufacturing, product marketing, strategic account management and sales training for the last 12 years. He holds numerous industry certifications, including CSI (Construction Specification Industry), CDT (Construction Document Technologist), CCPR (Certified Construction Product Representative), MAI (Master Format Instructor, The Institute for Professional Advancement) and CSP (Certified Sales Professional). He also holds degrees in both marketing and business management.