This course will provide an overview of how to detail and specify Stepstone precast concrete stair treads and landings, as well as the building code, design, and construction requirements which must be addressed.
Course Tuition: Free
- Acknowledge Stepstone as an innovator in precast stair tread development for over 40 years. Our tread systems, including stair profiles and angles, have been imitated by other manufacturers. Our history of engineering and development has maintained Stepstone’s position as the leader in the precast tread industry.
- Define stair-related terminology, and identify the individual components and hardware used to construct a staircase
- Discuss the advantages of installing Stepstone precast concrete stair treads in terms of aesthetics, durability, safety, and fire protection
- Differentiate stair tread profiles and determine the appropriate color and finish to meet the design requirements of a specific building project
- Identify applicable building codes, accessibility requirements, and safety standards relevant to the construction of a staircase and a landing, and
- Assess all the factors identified above and specify the appropriate stair tread to meet the design requirements of a specific building project.