This course will increase the student’s understanding of the principles behind speech privacy. Students will learn the fundamentals of how speech privacy is achieved and what metrics are used to measure speech privacy. Participants will also learn what role sound masking systems play within the context of speech privacy.
Course Tuition: Free
- ACOUSTIC PRIVACY - Understand the importance of acoustic privacy in the workplace
- THE ABCs OF ACOUSTICS – Describe the principles involved in the ABCs of good acoustical design
- SPEECH PRIVACY – Understand what speech privacy is and how it is measured
- SOUND MASKING – Understand what sound masking is and what role it plays in speech privacy
- DESIGN ISSUES - Identify some of the major design issues related to speech privacy in open offices, private offices and health facilities