One of the top priorities of building owners is the need for more efficient and accurate BTU metering. Not only does this reduce the amount of energy used, it also decreases operational costs as well. Since the early 1980’s ultrasonic clamp-on Flow meters have been utilized for BTU metering and submetering. Some advantages of FLEXIM clamp-on meters are; retrofit capability no shutdown, all in one BTU meter, low flow sensitivity for measuring off peak flows, and 1% accuracy. In this presentation we will cover clamp-on BTU metering technology, features, accuracy, and discuss the benefits of submetering in the energy industry.
Course Tuition: Free
- What are the benefits of clamp-on flowmeters?
- How a clamp-on flow meter works.
- Why is it so important to meter very low flow rates.
- Learn the importance of matched temperature RTD's for BTU measurement.
- Learn the applications: University, Commercial and Institutional.
Izzy Rivera has been involved with Service, Engineering, and Sales of Clamp-on Ultrasonic Flow Metering for 31 years. He has traveled extensively supporting this technology as a field engineer, and has been involved with development; from the early days of inception of clamp-on metering to the vast improvements that now make it possible to measure gas from outside the pipe.