Partners New York University’s Center for Urban Science and Progress, Related Companies, and Oxford Properties Group are still developing the final list of attributes that will be measured in Hudson Yards, examples include:
- Measuring, modeling, and predicting pedestrian flows through traffic and transit points, open spaces, and retail space.
- Gauging air quality both within buildings and across the open spaces and surrounding areas.
- Measuring health and activity levels of residents and workers using a custom-designed, opt-in mobile application.
- Measuring and benchmarking solid waste with particular focus on increasing the recovery of recyclables and organic waste.
- Measuring and modeling of energy production and usage throughout the project, including optimization of on-site cogeneration plant and thermal micro grid.