Most recent articles
Top 100 U.S. Organizations Using Renewable Energy
Tech leads the way in this year’s Top 100 organizations utilizing renewable energy sources, an annual list compiled by the EPA.
Intel continues its seven-year run as the nation’s largest voluntary user of green power, meeting 100% of its electricity load with renewable resources. Other technology companies in the top 10 include Microsoft, Google, and Apple.
In total, the combined green power usage of these Top 100 Partners amounts to nearly 24 billion kWh annually, which represents close to 83% of the green power commitments made by all EPA Green Power Partners. The list is calculated based on annual green power usage by Green Power Partners.
The top 10 partners appearing on the Top 100 list are:
- Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA)
- Kohl’s Department Stores (Menomonee Falls, WI)
- Microsoft Corporation (Redmond, WA)
- Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
- Google Inc. (Mountain View, CA)
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Bentonville, AR)
- Staples (Framingham, MA)
- Apple Inc. (Cupertino, CA)
- City of Houston, Texas
- U.S. Department of Energy (Washington, D.C.)
EPA defines green power as electricity produced from solar, wind, geothermal, biogas, eligible biomass, and low-impact small hydroelectric sources.