Comm South, a 500-employee telecommunications company in Dallas, recently moved to a new building and wanted to upgrade its punch card time and attendance system. As a result, Comm South upgraded to proximity technology by connecting an HID MiniProx reader to an Associate Time IT1600 time and attendance system, providing greater convenience and higher security. Comm South can now use just one HID proximity card for multiple applications, including access to the facility, employee ID, and time and attendance. Comm South has been able to reduce a 40-hour/week job of tabulating hours on individual time cards to just 10 minutes by simply downloading the attendance records off a computer.
An Associate Time IT1600 can be connected to a PC running Attendance for Windows or Attendance Professional for Windows. The PC software polls the time recorder for proximity card presentations and edits. The Time and Attendance systems integrates the entire spectrum of time and attendance functions
* Supervisors can schedule employees with an easy-to-use spreadsheet or calendar scheduler.
* The software calculates gross pay.
* Managers easily analyze labor expenses by work group, by pay designation (overtime, for example), or by individual.
* Supervisors are notified of employee attendance habits, such as tardiness or absenteeism.
* Time cards are electronically archived for an accurate, impartial record of employee attendance, making it easy to respond to wage and hour inquiries.
In addition to time and attendance and access control applications, the company plans to use the same proximity card for parking access in the near future, with HID's MaxiProx reader. To find out more on time and attendance systems by HID Corp., click here to request free information.