Tile is an ancient building material that has passed the test of time and is as durable and practical as it is beautiful. New technologies and designs have helped this humble product evolve into one of the most versatile and sustainable products on the market.
In this eHandbook, you’ll find the latest information on the trends and technical data on tile that’s being produced around the world. In this digital resource, you’ll find a variety of educational topics about this durable material, including:
- • A brief history on the origins of tile with links for further reading on this ancient material
- • An explanation of tile’s inherently sustainable characteristics and what makes it a natural choice for design and construction projects
- • New research and standards released to the industry by the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) on tile’s materiality, classification for slip resistance and other testing
- • A roundup of the most recent tiles from manufacturers in North America, Italy and Spain
- • And a number of case studies featuring award-winning projects utilizing tile as a building and design material