The marriage between today’s security technology and connectivity provides service, and relevant and future ready access solutions.
Security technology can intersect with property management platforms and also operate in isolation (independent from a property’s operating systems). Today’s multihousing properties offer an excellent model for best practices in the security technology and connectivity relationship.
The keys to success include:
1. A comprehensive understanding of the level and location security is needed
2. Budget parameters
3. A modular approach that meets current needs and is future ready to accept new technology
4. Understanding the Access and Connectivity link
5. Navigating hardware expectations for full solution provision
6. Ancillary opportunities to leverage manufacturing for additional services
7. Expectation on implementation – the devil is in the details (or the certification)
Manager, Multihousing, dormakaba
Tom Bowles is the Global Vertical Solutions Manager & Strategic Partnerships for dormakaba. He a member of the Security Industry Association Proptech Advisory Board and has worked as an expert in security and access solutions for nearly 25 years. Tom is a graduate of St. Joseph’s University with a B.S. in Marketing/Marketing Management.
dormakaba makes access in life smart and secure for every place that matters. As one of the top three companies in the industry, dormakaba is the trusted partner for products, solutions, and services for access to buildings and rooms from a single source. With strong brands in its portfolio, the company and its numerous cooperation partners are represented in over 130 countries worldwide. More information at https://www.dormakaba.com/us-en.