Most recent articles
The Wisconsin Public Service Center is a 76,000-square-foot “green” office, warehouse and vehicle service facility located on a 20 acre natively landscaped site along Highway 17 in Rhinelander. The WPS service center earned has 47 points under the LEED for New Construction v2.2 Green Building rating system, and was built to serve as an example to showcase energy conservation and environmentally-friendly solutions.
The WPS facility was designed to maximize long-term energy savings, featuring high-efficiency mechanical and electrical systems and a variety of additional environmentally-friendly features which include:
- Properly placed clerestory windows throughout the facility, which allow for natural daylight in lieu of artificial lighting.
- Dual-flush toilets, waterless urinals, and low-flow faucets that reduce potable water consumption to more than 40% below standard plumbing.
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood products to encourage sustainable forest practices.
- MERV 14 filtration media in the air handling system
- 20-acre site designed to maximize open space and restored with native landscaping to eliminate the need for irrigation minimize maintenance.
- Low-emitting adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, flooring systems and urea-formaldehyde free composite wood products were used in the facility, eliminating off-gassing of volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
For more information on the WPS Rhinelander Service center and LEED, visit the Wisconsin Public Service Center website.