Smart, connected buildings aren’t limited to offices or data centers; they are increasingly being used to improve the occupant experience in hotel properties as well. To help streamline hospitality operations, Lutron Electronics recently introduced its new myRoom XC enhanced guestroom solution.
The cloud-connected hospitality platform allows integrated management of all areas of the property, including guestrooms, public areas, event spaces, and private residences, via a single dashboard. The launch of the myRoom XC system elevates lighting as a business amenity in hospitality environments. The enhanced myRoom XC system ushers in a comprehensive approach to guestroom control with one connected platform which helps to simplify operations, improve staff efficiency, eliminate downtime, and create a curated guest experience that elevates hotel brands.
Cloud connectivity streamlines the operations process
Ana Maria Huertas-Iragorri, Lutron global hospitality sales director, commented:
“The new Lutron hospitality solution leverages cutting-edge technology to connect the entire building under unparalleled cloud-based lighting management. Centralized on one comprehensive dashboard, it empowers hotel proprietors and management teams with real-time, round-the-clock access to Lutron control systems, ensuring adaptability, personalization, and sustainability for the property’s evolving needs.”
The integrated platform offers a wide range of operational advantages, including:
- Cloud-connected and future proof. System updates are pushed automatically to ensure the platform offers enhanced value over time. The latest software can be downloaded without an on-site server.
- System alerts. Key personnel are immediately alerted to system issues so they can log in remotely and quickly resolve the problem, minimizing downtime.
- Flexible support—remote or onsite. Lutron service and support is engineered for hospitality property lifecycles. Cloud-connected systems facilitate remote support around the clock.
- Energy use and occupancy reporting. The platform helps hoteliers achieve their energy and sustainability goals without impacting the guest experience. Energy-use and occupancy reports from the connected dashboard give hotel teams the data they need to make short- and long-term system adjustments at any time.
- Simple to upgrade. For properties with an existing myRoom system installed, myRoom XC upgrades are as simple as replacing the processor, upgrading software, and reprogramming. Installed control hardware stays the same.
The company’s guestroom solution also provides a number of design benefits to hotel properties that enhance the guest experience:
- System flexibility. Design with the control system and choice of fixtures for properties that reflect their unique brand statement, aesthetics, and personality.
- Templating feature. Lighting designers save time on site, and projects are completed easier with the new templating feature. Program a room once, and the software can replicate settings to all similar room types. The feature also allows facility teams to easily adjust all rooms of the same type at once.
- Intuitive app. Tailored to the needs of specifiers, designers, and hotel staff, the Lutron app is key to lighting flexibility and personalization in the hotel’s public spaces. Log in to make operational adjustments, or to personalize light settings for a special event or customer request without affecting system presets.
This new guestroom solution invites hotel property owners and managers to reimagine control throughout their portfolio to simplify operations, manage energy use, support sustainability, and embrace lighting as a valuable guest amenity.
Learn more about the myRoom XC system from Lutron.