A new website (www.gobrick.com/pavers1) unveiled by the Reston, VA-based Brick Industry Association (BIA) provides users with comprehensive technical information on the installation of clay brick for a range of applications. With its user-friendly presentation, Building Quality Communities from the Ground Up, the website provides information on how clay pavers can help municipalities achieve many of their objectives, including compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Information about the total costs of brick paving, based on the life-cycle of clay pavers compared to other paving materials, is also found on the site.
“Cities across the country are revitalizing their communities by using clay pavers,” says Dick Jennison, president of BIA. “The website provides up-to-date and concise information to commercial and municipal customers, and helps them understand how they can take advantage of the unmatched durability, proven smooth performance, lower total cots, and exceptional beauty of clay brick.”
Resources provided on the site include:
- The BIA’s technical notes library on brick construction, which contains design and construction information based on the latest technical developments in brick masonry.
- A heavy-duty applications guide on flexible vehicular brick paving.
- Case studies.
- A clay paver photo gallery of nationwide installations.
- Links to the website of BIA paver manufacturer members.
- Educational materials from the BIA bookstore.
This information was provided by the Brick Industry Association. Visit the new website at (www.gobrick.com/pavers1) to find out more.