The Washington, D.C.-based U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has recently released reference guides for their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) and LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB). Both can be purchased for $125 from the USGBC.
The reference guides include detailed information, resources, and standards for the credits covered in the LEED for Commercial Interiors Version 2.0 Rating System, as well as the LEED for Existing Buildings Version 2.0 Rating System. The purpose of each is to help project team members understand the benefits and apply the criteria. The LEED-CI Reference Guide and LEED-EB Reference Guide contain the following information for each credit:
- Overview and points per credit.
- Documentation requirements.
- Summary of reference standard (where applicable).
- Environmental importance.
- Recommended design strategies and technologies.
- Potential design synergies and trade-offs.
- Economics (where available).
- Calculation methods and formulas.
- Resources and definitions.
This information was provided by the U.S. Green Building Council. To find out more, visit (www.usgbc.org) or call (202) 828-7422.