SAN RAFAEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 27, 2001-- Autodesk, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADSK - news) today announced the worldwide availability of Autodesk® Land Desktop 3, the core of Autodesk's land development suite, and two specialized applications that extend the capabilities of Autodesk Land Desktop, Autodesk® Civil Design 3 and Autodesk® Survey 3. Based on the AutoCAD® 2002 and Autodesk® Map 5 foundation, the three applications have new design, visualization, and Internet capabilities for analyzing, planning, and designing land development projects including road, rail, residential, hydrology, utility, and more.
In addition, these releases have new collaborative features extending users' ability to work with colleagues and clients that are a part of the broader land development process, regardless of location and across company lines. To enhance the design process, the software includes new data integration capabilities, tighter integration with Autodesk® OnSite for viewing and editing data at the point of work, and an integrated desktop and Internet work environment through Autodesk® Point A, a personalized global access point to Autodesk services and information. Point A offers users additional resources to collaborate with colleagues and clients including up-to-date industry information, newsletters, and a forum to exchange ideas.
Autodesk Land Desktop 3 delivers specialized features such as COGO and map creation, terrain modeling, alignments, and parcels. An easy-to-use interface and a centralized project data management feature help design teams share large amounts of drawing and project data accurately and efficiently. Designed for civil engineers, planners, or surveyors, Autodesk Land Desktop 3 provides powerful, automated drafting and analysis tools; optimized Microsoft® Windows® interfaces; logical menus; 3D terrain models; robust TIN, contour, and point processing; and style-based controls that help users meet submittal requirements. In addition, a comprehensive API (application programming interface) enables customized solutions and product extensions. New features include the following:
- LandXML import/export enables project teams to easily share land data throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Improved point group management, listing, and editing operations allow organizations to maintain standards with all members of the project team and improve efficiency in daily operations.
- Improved surface sections increase the ability to communicate design intent and improve users' ability to analyze surface conditions.
- Improved CAD standards management helps to ensure drawing files match final submittal requirements.
- Oracle Spatial integration enables mapping, GIS, facilities management, and engineering data currently in DWG form to be stored in a single, centralized database.
Autodesk Civil Design 3 delivers engineering-specific capabilities for Autodesk Land Desktop, streamlining the design and drafting process for civil engineering. Autodesk Civil Design 3 is for all types and ranges of road, rail, runway, and channel design; site development and grading for commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential projects; and hydrology and hydraulics for projects ranging from roads to parking lots. Because this software is built for project collaboration, multiple team members can simultaneously access data such as roadway alignments and pipe runs. Key new features include the following:
- Vertical design editor enables the incorporation of engineering rules and design speeds into the road design process for easy analysis of vertical design.
- Superimposing profiles is now a single menu pick that allows engineers to draft vertical information from related roads onto the main profile where the information can be plotted or referenced in more complex designs.
- Direct links to Trimble Site Vision format enable digital design data to be sent directly into the cabs of computer-controlled heavy equipment, optimizing the construction process and helping to reduce cycle time and redundant data.
- Superelevation sampling increases the integrity of design data for roadway cross-sectional information at all key superelevation stations.
Autodesk Survey 3 software extends the functionality of Autodesk Land Desktop 3, offering an efficient and cost-effective way to get professional survey data to and from the field. The software interfaces with a host of industry-standard data collectors, survey instruments, and GPS receivers, allowing line work and field coding for automatic map creation. It's easy to share survey data with civil engineering, GIS, and planning professionals. Autodesk Survey streamlines data collection, helps eliminate numerous steps and keystrokes, and avoids converting data from one system to another. Autodesk Survey can create DWG files simply by importing survey data, helping save time and increasing accuracy. New features include the following: Ability to export Geoid model, datum grid, and a feature code library to Trimble TSC1 enables users to save time by eliminating the need to re-create field code lists in the field, resulting in improved efficiency and fewer errors.
For more detailed information on the benefits and technical specifications, visit www.autodesk.com/landdesktop. Autodesk Land Desktop, Autodesk Civil Design, and Autodesk Survey are all currently available worldwide in English. For information on rental, hosting, and subscription options, contact any authorized reseller or Autodesk at 800/964-6432 or [email protected].
Autodesk is the world's leading design software and digital content company. Founded in 1982, Autodesk provides design software, Internet portal services, wireless development platforms, and point-of-location applications that empower more than four million customers in over 150 countries to drive business and remain competitive. For more information, contact any Authorized Autodesk Reseller, call Autodesk at 800/964-6432, or visit www.autodesk.com. Discreet(TM) product information is available at 800/869-3504 or via the Web at www.discreet.com.