The National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) has opened its call for speaker abstracts for Building Innovation 2024, which are due by February 2023.
BI2024 is the premiere meeting for building professionals seeking to improve the built environment. The meeting, which will take place May 22-24 at the Capital Hilton in Washington, D.C., will cover three topic areas: Resilience, Technology and Building Performance & Sustainability.
NIBS seeks industry experts and speakers who can address the following topics:
- Building information modeling & management
- Digital twins
- Housing affordability
- Alternative building materials
- Facility management
- Community resilience
- Carbon neutral construction
- Net-zero building design and retrofit
- Hazard mitigation
- Cyber and data security
- Building science education
- Off-site construction
- Industry diversification
- Climate adaptation & mitigation
Industry leaders with valuable insights, case studies, best practices, lessons learned and/or remaining challenges are encouraged to share their knowledge and experiences with a broad audience of building industry stakeholders by submitting an abstract for consideration.
Through the online form, interested parties should submit the following:
- 500-word abstract
- Four learning objectives
- Five keywords describing the presentation
- 150-word biography for all intended session speakers and moderators
Learn more at buildinginnovation.org.