On Nov. 16, Smart Buildings Technology is hosting its second annual Smart Connect, a virtual, all-day summit of education and interactive webinars featuring industry experts and thought leaders across the architecture, engineering, construction, and ownership and operations sector.
Moderated by SBT editorial director Wanda Lau and editor-in-chief Patrick McLaughlin, Smart Connect will feature eight information-packed sessions, 30 to 60 minutes each. During the sessions, audience members can pose questions to the presenters, who will answer as many possible within the allotted time.
This year’s lineup includes industry experts from AEM – Precision Cable Test, ABB Building Solutions, Dormakaba, Panduit, Belden, and TIA. The agenda also includes the official presentation of the first-ever Smart Building of the Year Award, which will be accepted by representatives at engineering firm PAE and ZGF Architects. Closing out the day will be an exciting keynote by Paul Doherty, the managing partner of The Digit Group, a smart city real estate development and investment company. Doherty and his work have been featured on Bloomberg TV, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and Forbes.
Check out the Smart Connect agenda below and visit the registration site for details.
Smart Connect 2022 Agenda
All times in EST.
- 10–11 a.m. Assuring Infrastructure Readiness for Smart Building Technologies, presented by Lisa Schwartz, director of product marketing at AEM – Precision Cable Test.
- 11 a.m.–12 p.m.Smart Tools for System Integrators. Digitizing your Training to Improve your ROI, presented by Saheel Chandrani, director of engineering and operations at ABB Building Solutions.
- 12–12:30 p.m.Smart Building of the Year Award presentation, with PAE principal Marc Brune and ZGF principal Justin Brooks.
- 12:30–1 p.m.Assessing Outcomes of Smart Building Systems Integration Projects with SPIRE, presented by Marta Soncodi, smart buildings program director at TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association).
- 1–2 p.m.How to Choose the Right Security Tech Stack for Your Needs in Multihousing and Hospitality, presented by AVP for multihousing sales Bobby Welliver and hospitality sales vice president Darien Long at Dormakaba.
- 2–3 p.m. Commercial Buildings: Structured Cabling as the Foundation for Smart Buildings, presented by Stuart McKay, senior business development manager in EMEA at Panduit.
- 3–4 p.m. No Cookie Cutters Here: Putting Users First in Smart Building Design, presented by Henry Franc, national solutions consultant at Belden.
- 4–5 p.m.Closing keynote: The Internet of Buildings: From Smart Buildings to Smart Cities, presented by Paul Doherty, managing partner at The Digit Group.
Smart Connect 2022 is sponsored by AEM – Precision Cable Test, ABB Building Solutions, Dormakaba, Panduit, and Belden. Register for the Smart Connect 2022 here.